201. “I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.”
202. “Faith in oneself is the best and safest course.”
203. “Art is the gift of God, and must be used unto His glory. That in art is highest which aims at this.”
204. “I criticise by creation, not by finding fault.”
205. “An artist does his most difficult work when he steps back from the blank canvas and thinks about what he is going to create.”
206. “Forgiveness is divine, but never pay pull price for late pizza.”
207. “However rich I may have been, I have always lived like a poor man.”
208. “The greatest risk to man is not that he aims to high and misses, but that he aims to low and hits.”
209. “It is well with me only when I have a chisel in my hand.”
210. “Why do You Send Fools To judge My Work?”
211. “Good painting is nothing else but a copy of the perfections of God and a reminder of His painting. Finally, good painting is a music and a melody which intellect only can appreciate, and with great difficulty.”
212. “Lord, make me see thy glory in every place.”
213. “The marble not yet carved can hold the form of every thought the greatest artist has.”
214. “Can’t you see the angel imprisoned in the block of stone trying to get out? I am trying to free him.”
215. “If I love in thee, beloved, only what thou lovest most, do not be angry; for so one spirit is enamoured of another.”
216. “True art is made noble and religious by the mind producing it.”
217. “If in my youth I had realized that the sustaining splendour of beauty of with which I was in love would one day flood back into my heart, there to ignite a flame that would torture me without end, how gladly would I have put out the light in my eyes.”
218. “Dear to me is sleep: still more, being made of stone, While pain and guilt still linger here below, Blindness and numbness – these please me alone; Then do not wake me, keep your voices low.”
219. “The best artist has that thought alone Which is contained within the marble shell; The sculptor’s hand can only break the spell To free the figures slumbering in the stone.”
220. “Beauty depends on purpose. It is in the elements best suited to their purpose or aim that beauty shines forth most strongly.”
221. “The greatest artist has no conception which a single block of white marble does not potentially contain within its mass, but only a hand obedient to the mind can penetrate to this image.”
222. “A good artist ought never to allow impatience to overcome his sense of the main end of art – perfection.”
223. “I sometimes set myself thinking and imagining that I find amongst men but one single art or science, and that is drawing or painting, all others being members proceeding therefrom.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 120 free pictures with Michelangelo Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2021 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.