1. “Just because we can’t find a solution it doesn’t mean that there isn’t one.”
— Andrew Wiles
2. “The greatest problem for mathematicians now is probably the Riemann Hypothesis.”
3. “However impenetrable it seems, if you don’t try it, then you can never do it.”
4. “Fermat said he had a proof.”
5. “The definition of a good mathematical problem is the mathematics it generates rather than the problem itself.”
6. “I had this rare privilege of being able to pursue in my adult life, what had been my childhood dream.”
Quotes About Childhood
7. “I carried this problem around in my head basically the whole time. I would wake up with it first thing in the morning, I would be thinking about it all day, and I would be thinking about it when I went to sleep. Without distraction I would have the same thing going round and round in my mind.”
8. “But the best problem I ever found, I found in my local public library.”
9. “It’s fine to work on any problem, so long as it generates interesting mathematics along the way – even if you don’t solve it at the end of the day.”
10. “I know it’s a rare privilege, but if one can really tackle something in adult life that means that much to you, then it’s more rewarding than anything I can imagine.”
11. “Pure mathematicians just love to try unsolved problems – they love a challenge.”
12. “There are proofs that date back to the Greeks that are still valid today.”
13. “I was so obsessed by this problem that I was thinking about it all the time – when I woke up in the morning, when I went to sleep at night – and that went on for eight years.”
14. “I never use a computer.”
15. “That particular odyssey is now over. My mind is now at rest.”
16. “I loved doing problems in school.”
17. “I grew up in Cambridge in England, and my love of mathematics dates from those early childhood days.”
18. “I tried to fit it in with some previous broad conceptual understanding of some part of mathematics that would clarify the particular problem I was thinking about.”
19. “Mathematicians aren’t satisfied because they know there are no solutions up to four million or four billion, they really want to know that there are no solutions up to infinity.”
20. “The only way I could relax was when I was with my children.”
21. “Always try the problem that matters most to you.”
22. “We’ve lost something that’s been with us for so long, and something that drew a lot of us into mathematics. But perhaps that’s always the way with math problems, and we just have to find new ones to capture our attention.”
23. “Then when I reached college I realized that many people had thought about the problem during the 18th and 19th centuries and so I studied those methods.”
24. “I really believed that I was on the right track, but that did not mean that I would necessarily reach my goal.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 20 free pictures with Andrew Wiles Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2022 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.