1. “There is always something missing that torments me.”
— Camille Claudel
2. “Il y a toujours quelque chose d’absent qui me tourmente.”
3. “I have fallen into an abyss. I live in a world so curious, so strange. Of the dream that was my life, this is my nightmare.”
4. “I am scared; I don’t know what is going to happen to me. What was the point of working so hard and of being talented, to be rewarded like this? Never a penny, tormented all my life. It is horrible; one cannot imagine it.”
5. “I will never forget my beautiful days with you in Shanklin, they are certainly the most pleasant ones of my life. Look, I have tears in my eyes just to think about it. I am furious to be here, it is the end of happiness for a whole year.”
6. “I sleep completely naked to make me believe you are here, but when I wake up it is not the same thing. Most of all, don’t deceive me with other women any more.”
7. “Sir Rodin convinced my parents to have me committed; they are all in Paris to arrange it.”
8. “You know what black hatred women feel toward me as soon as they see me, until I return inside my shell, they use every possible weapon. As soon as a generous man tries to help me out, a woman is here to hold his arm and prevent him from acting.”
9. “I thank you for your kind invitation to introduce me to the president of the Republic. Since I have not been out of my atelier for two months, I have no appropriate costume for this circumstance. Please excuse me.”
10. “I am not feeling any better because I cannot stay in bed, having constant cause for walking. They say I leave at night by the window of my tower, hanging from a red umbrella with which I set fire to the forest!”
11. “Don’t fear anything for your letters, they are burnt one by one and I hope you do the same with mine.”
12. “It is in fact agreed that I am the plague, the cholera of the benevolent and generous men who are interested in art and that, when I show myself with my plasters, even the Emperor of the Sahara would flee.”
13. “Send me one hundred francs on our future deals, otherwise I will disappear in a cataclysm.”
14. “I have been back in Paris for two weeks. Nothing new. Life is still bitter.”
15. “You stole it all! My youth, my work! Everything!”
16. “When you left on Saturday, I felt a horrible void, I saw you everywhere, on the beach, in your room, in the garden: impossible for me to get used to the idea that you had left.”
17. “I don’t want to say anything because I know I am unable to protect you from the harm that I see.”
18. “If you are nice, and keep your promise, we will be in paradise.”
19. “I have all sorts of problems and feel discouraged.”
20. “I would prefer to have a more appealing job. If I could still change careers, I would prefer it. This unfortunate art is made for long beards and ugly faces rather than for a relatively well-endowed woman.”
21. “I took all my wax studies and threw them in the fire that’s the way it is when something unpleasant happens to me. I take my hammer and I squash a figure.”
22. “Last night, two men tried to force my shutters. I recognized them: they are two of Rodin’s Italian models. He told them to kill me. I am in his way; he wants to get rid of me.”
23. “My countrymen have commissioned a bust of the Republic. It will be placed on the fountain of my native town.”
24. “I tolerate my faults but not at all other people’s.”
25. “They try to force me to sculpt here. They don’t succeed, so they make trouble for me.”
26. “I am in no mood to be deceived any longer by the crafty devil and false character whose greatest pleasure is to take advantage of everyone.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 25 free pictures with Camille Claudel Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2023 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.