1. “Firefighters are essential to the safety and security of our local communities. We owe it to these men and women to provide them with better training and equipment so they can do their jobs more effectively and safely.”
— Carl Levin
2. “Even top caliber hospitals cannot escape medical mistakes that sometimes result in irreparable damage to patients.”
3. “Restoring responsibility and accountability is essential to the economic and fiscal health of our nation.”
4. “When a decision is made to go to war based on intelligence, it is a fateful decision. It has ramifications and impacts way beyond the current months and years.”
5. “The terrorist attacks of September 11th and the courageous actions of our armed forces in Afghanistan and Iraq remind us that friends of tyranny and enemies of freedom still exist.”
6. “The intelligence failures with respect to Iraq were massive and have damaged our credibility around the world.”
7. “We have a hope of succeeding if we learn from our past mistakes and pull together to make the hard choices.”
8. “Sadly, the President’s budget proposal for the upcoming year once again puts cutting taxes for the wealthiest Americans over addressing our country’s severe fiscal problems.”
9. “If you like what Wall Street did for the housing market, you’ll love what Wall Street is doing for commodities, Goldman’s ability to influence any portion of the price for a key component of the industrial economy is simply unacceptable.”
10. “The American people deserve a budget that invests in the future, protects the most vulnerable among us and helps to create jobs and economic security.”
11. “Dr. Rice’s record on Iraq gives me great concern. In her public statements she clearly overstated and exaggerated the intelligence concerning Iraq before the war in order to support the President’s decision to initiate military action against Iraq.”
12. “We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them.”
13. “If we have a chance of succeeding and bringing stability and democracy to Iraq, it will mean learning from our mistakes, not denying them and not ignoring them.”
14. “It is of the utmost importance that our service members are adequately compensated for their duties, and that we offer them a quality of life that will enable them to continue to serve and to live comfortably.”
15. “While it is clear that we need to make some adjustments to protect Social Security for the long term, it is disingenuous to say that the trust fund is facing a crisis.”
16. “There are many individual senators, including myself, who have said that, at an appropriate time after disposing of the impeachment matter, that an appropriate censure resolution that seems to me should be considered by the Congress.”
17. “The liberation of Iraq is a crucial advance in the campaign against terror.”
18. “It’s unclear how air strikes on our part can succeed unless the Iraqi army is willing to fight, and that’s uncertain given the fact that several Iraqi army divisions have melted away.”
19. “If our intelligence is either manipulated or if it’s shaded or if in some way it is exaggerated, it is very, very dangerous for us, particularly as we go down the road and look at other threats,.”
20. “The Constitution is a document that should only be amended with great caution.”
21. “We shouldn’t knee jerk anything. The Iraqi government a few years back, when they had a chance to sign an agreement that would keep some of our presence there, refused to do it. So we’ve got to be very careful and thoughtful before we do anything.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 20 free pictures with Carl Levin Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2023 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.