1. “The truly fashionable are beyond fashion.”
— Cecil Beaton
2. “Intelligent and alert, wistful but enthusiastic, frank yet tactful, assured without conceit and tender without sentimentality.”
3. “All I want is the best of everything and there’s very little of that left.”
4. “Perhaps the world’s second worst crime is boredom. The first is being a bore.”
5. “Love is someone you can be silly with.”
6. “You can’t teach people photography, they’ve got to learn how to do it the best way possible for them. They can learn from looking at pictures taken by well-known people, but they don’t really get intimate with the medium until they’ve made a few bad shots!”
7. “I want to make photographs of very elegant women taking the lipstick off their teeth.”
8. “A technical failure that shows some attempt at aesthetic expression is of infinitely more value than uninspired success.”
9. “Miss Marilyn Monroe calls to mind the bouquet of a fireworks display, eliciting from her awed spectators an open-mouthed chorus of ohs and ahs...”
10. “San Francisco is perhaps the most European of all American cities.”
11. “I can’t afford a whole new set of enemies.”
12. “I have the worst ear for criticism, even when I have created a stage set I like, I always hear the woman in the back of the dress circle, who says she doesn’t like blue.”
13. “After twenty annual visits, I am still surprised each time I return to see this giant asparagus bed of alabaster and rose and green skyscrapers.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 10 free pictures with Cecil Beaton Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2021 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.