1. “Selfhood begins with a walking away, And love is proved in letting go.”
— Cecil Day-Lewis
2. “We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand.”
3. “Love is proved in the letting go.”
4. “There’s a kind of release And a kind of torment in every goodbye for every man.”
5. “We who fly do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet.”
6. “Flying alone! Nothing gives such a sense of mastery over time over mechanism, mastery indeed over space, time, and life itself, as this.”
7. “Now the peak of summer’s past, the sky is overcast And the love we swore would last for an age seems deceit.”
8. “The poetic myths are dead; and the poetic image, which is the myth of the individual, reigns in their stead.”
9. “A poet is not a public figure. A poet should be read and not seen.”
10. “First, I do not sit down at my desk to put into verse something that is already clear in my mind. If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand.”
11. “High sprits they had: gravity they flouted.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 10 free pictures with Cecil Day-Lewis Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2022 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.