1. “The bass, no matter what kind of music you’re playing, it just enhances the sound and makes everything sound more beautiful and full. When the bass stops, the bottom kind of drops out of everything.”
— Charlie Haden
2. “Before music there was silence and the duet format allows you to build from the silence in a very special way.”
3. “In the midst of creating, a person is raised to another level of consciousness.”
4. “I just try to play music from my heart and bring as much beauty as I can to as many people as I can. Just give them other alternatives, especially people who arent exposed to creative music.”
5. “You have to see your unimportance before you can see your importance and your significance to the world.”
6. “In the midst of creating, a person is raised to another level of consciousness that doesn’t have that much to do with everyday thinking. It’s as if you could imagine life before there were words.”
7. “I just see myself as a human being that’s concerned about life.”
8. “It used to be that creative music was most of the music that you heard back in the ‘30s and ’40s, and now it’s like 3 percent. So, its kind of a struggle getttin’ it out there.”
9. “There’s like a special group of people that come from different parts of the planet to study with me. It’s nice. I just gave a workshop in Boston at the New England Conservatory, which was really nice.”
10. “Creative Arts raise a person to another level of consciousness as if you could imagine life before words.”
11. “I just sit down at the piano and rattle it off.”
12. “As long as there are musicians who have a passion for spontaneity, for creating something thats never been before, the art form of jazz will flourish.”
13. “I’ve got a collection of songs that I’ve had, I keep adding to and they’re all great American composers. I wanted to showcase American composers and I’ve done that on a lot of my records and played things by American composers that I really respect.”
14. “I always told the people at Cal Arts that if they wanted me to do Jazz studies, first of all, there couldn’t be a big band within 500 miles and that I could do what I wanted to do. And they said I could.”
15. “When we first started playing we did a lot of rehearsing. We used to write out everything. In fact, that’s the way everybody rehearses: we play the tunes and improvise.”
16. “I want them to come away with discovering the music inside them...”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 15 free pictures with Charlie Haden Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2023 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.