1. “The trio is the biggest sound you can have with the smallest unit.”
— Charlie Hunter
2. “I do dig the White Stripes. I like the record they have out now.”
3. “I certainly hope my music is in no way, shape or form influenced by anything that would be known as a jam band. If it is, then I’m going to do something else.”
4. “I never do anything to strictly satisfy a fickle, ever-changing commercial world. I do the music I like to play. It’s the only way I feel comfortable existing in the industry.”
5. “Yeah, it’s more like playing what you think is appropriate for the moment, not forcing any particular style.”
6. “But I’ve come to the point in my evolution on the instrument where I realize that I can’t play the same stuff that just a guitar player or organ player would play – and I need to embrace that in a big way.”
7. “That’s the thing that we said about the horn before: it’s a focus issue. It’s like a singer versus a drummer. If a drummer’s playing a drum beat, and a singer starts singing, what do you think the audience is going to do?”
8. “So it’s really hard for a horn player to comp. But I’m totally into trying to switch those paradigms around and find a little magic space where that works, and try to mine that.”
9. “That’s the exact concept behind the music: to take that kind of, I guess whatever you want to call it, jazz sensibility – but not have it be about solos.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 9 free pictures with Charlie Hunter Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2023 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.