1. “I hate leaving home. I love what I do, but I’d love to go home every night.”
— Charlie Watts
2. “I wanted to play drums because I fell in love with the glitter and the lights, but it wasn’t about adulation. It was being up there playing.”
3. “It’s been years and years and years I’ve been playing the drums, and they’re still a challenge. I still enjoy using drumsticks and a snare drum.”
4. “Rock and roll has probably given more than it’s taken.”
5. “It doesn’t really change, actually. I think The Rolling Stones have gotten a lot better. An awful lot better, I think. A lot of people don’t, but I think they have, and to me that’s gratifying. It’s worth it.”
6. “The world of this is a load of crap. You get all these bloody people, so incredibly sycophantic.”
7. “I don’t like drum solos, to be honest with you, but if anybody ever told me he didn’t like Buddy Rich I’d right away say go and see him, at least the once.”
8. “I never weigh myself. But if I put my trousers on and they don’t do up, then I don’t eat until I can.”
9. “I’ve seen Keith fall asleep at business meetings about millions of dollars for him-because of heroin, just nod out and then wake up and answer a question.”
10. “When I was a kid I never learned to play. I actually got in bands through watching people play and copying them.”
11. “I’m very strict with my packing and have everything in its right place. I never change a rule. I hardly use anything in the hotel room. I wheel my own wardrobe in and that’s it.”
12. “Mick’s not good on his own problems, but he’s very good at other people’s. He’s been wonderful over the years. I don’t mean I ring him up every week, but he’s fantastic.”
13. “You need better technique than I have to play jazz, but what you have to do is the same thing, isn’t it?”
14. “I never had lessons. Used to try to play to records, which I hated doing. Still can’t play to them.”
15. “I have a very old-fashioned and traditional mode of dress. I get embarrassed, and I don’t really like going to photo shoots. I don’t like stylists.”
16. “I think you get to a point where you watch something just to enjoy it. I don’t think it’s really done so that you’re supposed to feel, Oh, he’s the most wonderful drummer. I think the whole lot is what’s more enjoyable.”
17. “To be able to play as slow as Al Jackson is almost impossible.”
18. “We always work at least a month to six weeks before we go on the road, usually for something like eight to 12 hours a night. It took six weeks to do it this time. We just play virtually everything we know.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 15 free pictures with Charlie Watts Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2023 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.