1. “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.”
— Chauncey Depew
2. “It’s pleasant to hear these nice words while I’m still alive. I’d rather have the taffy than the epitaphy.”
3. “It is a pity that instead of the Pilgrim Fathers landing on Plymouth Rock, Plymouth Rock had not landed on the Pilgrim Fathers.”
4. “A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is a man who hopes they are.”
5. “Neither realism nor romance furnishes a more striking and picturesque figure than that of Christopher Columbus. The mystery about his origin heightens the charm of his story.”
Romance Quotes, Quotes About Stories
6. “There are millions of stories in the world, and several hundred of them good ones.”
Quotes About Stories
7. “Blot out from the page of history the names of all the great actors of his time in the drama of nations, and preserve the name of Washington, and the century would be renowned.”
8. “I get my exercise acting as pallbearer to my friends who exercise.”
9. “The government of the United States is and always has been a lawyer’s government.”
10. “A witty illustration or an apt story will accomplish more than columns of argument.”
11. “The tomb of the Saviour was a narrow and empty vault, precious only for its memories of the supreme tragedy of the centuries, but the new continent was to be the home and temple of the living God.”
12. “As for food, half of my friends have dug their graves with their teeth.”
13. “The spirit of Columbus hovers over us to-day.”
14. “The enjoyment of life would be instantly gone if you removed the possibility of doing something.”
15. “If you will refrain from telling any lies about the Republican Party, I’lll promise not to tell the truth about the Democrats.”
16. “The walk downstairs to the breakfast table is excercise enough for any gentleman.”
17. “It was for Columbus, when the right hour struck, forced and propelled by this fresh life, to reveal the land where these new principles were to be brought, and where the awaited trial of the new civilization was to be made.”
18. “There have been many Presidents of the United States and the roll will be indefinitely extended. We have had a number of brilliant soldiers, but only one great general.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 15 free pictures with Chauncey Depew Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2021 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.