1. “Most Englishmen are convinced that God is an Englishman, probably educated at Eton.”
— E. M. Delafield
2. “Inequalities of Fate very curious. Should like, on this account, to believe in Reincarnation.”
3. “Are modern children going to revolt against being modern, and if so, what form will reaction of modern parents take?”
4. “She is never alone when she has Her Books. Books, to her, are Friends. Give her Shakespeare or Jane Austen, Meredith or Hardy, and she is Lost – lost in a world of her own. She sleeps so little that most of her nights are spent reading.”
5. “Always remember, me dear, whether you’re listening to a tale or telling one: Every penny piece that’s struck has two sides to it.”
6. “Am sorry to note that abuse and condemnation of a common acquaintance often constitutes very strong bond of union between otherwise uncongenial spirits.”
7. “A child with an intense capacity for feeling can suffer to a degree that is beyond any degree of adult suffering, because imagination, ignorance, and the conviction of utter helplessness are untempered either by reason or by experience.”
8. “Does not a misplaced optimism exist, common to all mankind, leading on to false conviction that social engagements, if dated sufficiently far ahead, will never really materialize?”
9. “There is a certain strong sense of inner conviction that strikes, with a pang as that of birth, through the very soul, and which is experienced but once or twice in a lifetime.”
10. “Every Englishman is an average Englishman: it is a national characteristic.”
11. “This suggests Query: Does Robert, perhaps, take in what I say even when he makes no reply?”
12. “The best and most popular novelists do not, as a rule, have children in their books at all, and this is wise. Parents are about the only people who are interested in children, and they merely in their own ones.”
13. “People in England who do not like gardening are very few, and of the few there are, many do not own to it, knowing that they might just as well own to having been in prison, or got drunk at Buckingham Palace.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 10 free pictures with E. M. Delafield Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2021 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.