1. “At a certain point one ceases to defend a certain view of history; one must defend history itself.”
— E. P. Thompson
2. “We must not look at the past with the enormous condescension of posterity.”
3. “The missiles come first, and the justifications come second.”
4. “There is not a thought that is being thought in the West or the East that is not active in some Indian mind.”
5. “I don’t care tuppence whether I’m forced into a leadership position or not. I’d much sooner not.”
6. “There are no European voices at Geneva, there are no European voices at START.”
7. “I will hear no talk that there are no intermediate-range weapons on the NATO side.”
8. “I have become a prisoner of the peace movement. But you can’t say that the termination is coming and then say that you are going back to your own garden to dig.”
9. “The talk about balance, nuclear balance, seems to me to be metaphysical and doesn’t seem to be real at all.”
10. “This going into Europe will not turn out to be the thrilling mutual exchange supposed. It is more like nine middle-aged couples with failing marriages meeting in a darkened bedroom in a Brussels hotel for a group grope.”
11. “The readings of Soviet society are as many as the experts you speak to. In my view, it’s a society that is overdue for measures of democratization and organization.”
12. “I think you will find scientists that think like you in Germany and Britain, and you will find politicians that think like Weinberger. I think the most bellicose ruling group in the Western world at the moment is the British.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 10 free pictures with E. P. Thompson Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2021 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.