1. “We like to say that generalizations are always wrong and usually helpful.”
— E. Randolph Richards
2. “Before we can be confident we are reading the Bible accurately, we need to understand what assumptions and values we project onto the Bible:.”
3. “Our tendency to emphasize rules over relationship and correctness over community means that we are often willing to sacrifice relationships on the altar of rules.”
4. “Sin is corporate; it permeates the whole body. We don’t like to think that way, but it’s true. It leavens the whole lump and the honor of us all is at stake.”
5. “Our emphasis on saving makes sense when we consider that most of us think of our options as either saving or spending. But the biblical witness and Christian tradition suggest that there’s another option: sharing.”
6. “In the West, it may help if the church started thinking more in terms of we than me.”
7. “At some point in this generation, “Take up your cross and follow me” changed into, “Come to Jesus and he’ll make your life better.”
8. “Thinking critically about why you assume what you assume can make you sensitive, over time, to the cultural mores you bring to the biblical text.”
9. “This misreading of Scripture arises from combining our individualism with a more subtle, deeply hidden and deeply rooted aspect of our Western worldview: we still think the universe centers around us.”
10. “Another reason Westerners are tempted to compromise is because we tend to view the world dualistically. Things are true or false, right or wrong, good or bad. We have little patience for ambiguity or for the unsettling reality that values change over time.”
11. “Alas, here is the bigger problem: maybe the reason we North Americans struggle to find makarios in our personal lives is because we don’t have a word in our native language to denote it.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 10 free pictures with E. Randolph Richards Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2021 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.