1. “I suppose not everyone has a dad who wrote a book saying he didn’t believe in the Parliamentary road to socialism.”
— Ed Miliband
2. “My beliefs will run through everything I do. My beliefs, my values are my anchor and when people try to drag me, as I know they will, it is to that sense of right and wrong, that sense of who I am and what I believe, to which I will always hold.”
3. “I treat opinion polls with a pinch of sugar.”
4. “Congratulations to Barack Obama – great victory based on building fairer economy and optimism about what politics can achieve.”
5. “Let the message go out – a new generation has taken charge of Labour which is optimistic about our country, optimistic about our world, optimistic about the power of politics. We are optimistic and together we will change Britain.”
6. “We can only converse if we can speak the same language. So if we are going to build One Nation, we need to start with everyone in Britain knowing how to speak English.”
7. “While there’s capitalism, there’ll be socialism, because there is always a response to injustice.”
8. “We do not have to accept the world as we find it. And we have a responsibility to leave our world a better place and never walk by on the other side of injustice.”
9. “Freedom and opportunity are precious gifts and the purpose of our politics is to expand them, for all our people.”
10. “Look, there is a sort of old view about class which is a very simplistic view that we have got the working class, the middle class and the upper class, I think it is more complicated than that.”
11. “This is a proud day and an important step forward in the fight for equality in Britain. The overwhelming majority of Labour MPs supported this change to make sure marriage reflects the value we place on long-term, loving relationships whoever you love.”
12. “Let’s start to have a grown up debate in this country about who we are and where we want to go and what kind of country we want to build.”
13. “The new generation of Labour is different. Different attitudes, different ideas, different ways of doing politics.”
14. “I’ve supported Jeremy Corbyn all the way along because I think that was the right thing to do. I’ve reluctantly reached the conclusion that his position is untenable.”
15. “A company is not accountable just to its owners, but to its workers and its customers.”
16. “We began as restless and radical. Remember the spirit of 1997, but by the end of our time in office we had lost our way.”
17. “Over the next few days we want cities, towns and villages across the UK to send a message to Scotland: stay with us.”
18. “And think of how we challenged the idea of a male dominated Parliament with All-Women shortlists and made the cause of gender equality central to our government. We were right to do so.”
19. “I want to move to a world of no nuclear weapons but I want to do that through multilateral disarmament so that we all disarm together.”
20. “The most important lesson of New Labour is this: Every time we made progress we did it by challenging the conventional wisdom.”
21. “Think of how we challenged the impression that we taxed for its own sake and that we were hostile to business. We were right to change.”
22. “We don’t compete in the world by offering tax advantages to a few that we don’t give to all our citizens and businesses.”
23. “The great thing is that whether we have faith or not, we are by and large very tolerant of people, whatever their particular view.”
24. “Well you can be the son of a Marxist and not necessarily be a Marxist in all your views.”
25. “I come from a generation that suffered school lessons in portacabins and crumbling hospitals. I tell you one thing, for the eighteen years they were in power the Tories did nothing to fix the roof when the sun was shining.”
26. “Margaret Thatcher was the first political leader in any major country to warn of the dangers of climate change.”
27. “We have to create security for the working families of Britain, and that’s what I’ll do.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 25 free pictures with Ed Miliband Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2021 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.