1. “The humble man makes room for progress; the proud man believes he is already there.”
— Ed Parker
2. “If you don’t ask the right questions, I can’t give you the answers, and if you don’t know the right question to ask, you’re not ready for the answers.”
3. “I come to you with only Karate, Empty Hands. I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor, should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong, then here are my weapons, Karate, my Empty Hands.”
4. “The man who knows how will always be the student, but the man who knows why will continue to be the instructor.”
5. “I am not going to show you my art. I am going to share it with you. If I show it to you it becomes an exhibition, and in time it will be pushed so far into the back of your mind that it will be lost. But by sharing it with you, you will not only retain it forever, but I too will improve.”
6. “To hear is to doubt, to see is to be deceived, but to feel is to believe.”
7. “Time and space may separate us, but not the thoughts and memories that bind us.”
8. “Knowledge does not grow like a tree where you dig a hole, plant your feet, cover them with dirt, and pour water on them daily. Knowledge grows with time, work, and dedicated effort. It cannot come by any other means.”
9. “Whatever the attitude, so is the response.”
10. “Having an open mind does not necessarily lead to perfection. It is your ability to observe, analyze, discern, and understand the true essence that basic principles contain that point the way to perfection.”
11. “Whether it is a big ship or small ship, the same size hole placed correctly in the hull can sink it.”
12. “He who hesitates, meditates horizontally.”
13. “It is not the aim of Kenpo to merely produce a skillful as well as powerful practitioner, but to create a well integrated student respectful of all.”
14. “The true Martial Artist is not the one who fears change, but the one who causes it to happen.”
15. “An ounce of logic can be worth more than a ton of tradition that has become obsolete through the weathering of time.”
16. “Humility and self-restraint is the True Objective of Kenpo.”
17. “The intelligent man is one who has successfully fulfilled many accomplishments, and is yet willing to learn more.”
18. “Gain confidence and you banish fear.”
19. “Principles of motion take precedence over sequence of motion.”
20. “Traditionalists often study what is taught, not what there is to create.”
21. “The man who is secure within himself has no need to prove anything with force, so he can walk away from a fight with dignity and pride. He is the true martial artist – a man so strong inside that he has no need to demonstrate his power.”
22. “There are no pure styles of karate. Purity comes only when pure knuckles meet pure flesh, no matter who delivers or receives.”
23. “One becomes great when he comes to the realization that what he knows is very little.”
24. “Condition and guts take over where knowledge and skill end.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 20 free pictures with Ed Parker Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2021 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.