1. “Think more design less.”
— Ellen Lupton
2. “Typography is what language looks like.”
3. “Universal design systems can no longer be dismissed as the irrelevant musings of a small, localized design community. A second modernism has emerged, reinvigorating the utopian search for universal forms that marked the birth of design as a discourse and a discipline nearly a century earlier.”
4. “Design is as much an act of spacing as an act of marking.”
5. “Urban public space is a stage for viewing the field of graphic design in its diversity. A mix of voices, from advertising to activism, compete for visibility.”
6. “Working within the constraints of a problem is part of the fun and challenge of design.”
7. “Design is an art of situations. Designers respond to a need, a problem, a circumstance, that arises in the world. The best work is produced in relation to interesting situations – an open-minded client, a good cause, or great content.”
8. “It is easier to talk than to listen. Pay attention to your clients, your users, your readers, and your friends. Your design will get better as you listen to other people.”
9. “To say a grid is limiting is to say that language is limiting, or typography is limiting. It is up to us to use these media critically or passively.”
10. “Letters do love one another. However, due to their anatomical differences, some letters have a hard time achieving intimacy.”
11. “Graphic design is the spit and polish but not the shoe.”
12. “Readers usually ignore the typographic interface, gliding comfortably along literacy’s habitual groove. Sometimes, however, the interface should be allowed to fail. By making itself evident, typography can illuminate the construction and identity of a page, screen, place or product.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 10 free pictures with Ellen Lupton Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2023 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.