1. “Grammar and logic free language from being at the mercy of the tone of voice. Grammar protects us against misunderstanding the sound of an uttered name; logic protects us against what we say have double meaning.”
— Eugen Rosenstock-Huessy
2. “The space of play and the space of thought are the two theaters of freedom.”
3. “It is useless to teach those who do not expect to be transformed.”
4. “Experiences of the first order, of the first rank, are not realized through the eye.”
5. “Sexuality throws no light upon love, but only through love can we learn to understand sexuality.”
6. “To a mankind that recognizes the equality of man everywhere, every war becomes a civil war.”
7. “Humanity has always conquered the flux of natural time by means of a rhythm between active and passive time-spans. To reconquer his holidays, to establish a new and better time schedule for life, has been the great endeavour of man ever since the days of Noah.”
8. “He who believes in nothing still needs a girl to believe in him.”
9. “He who suffers wins in politics. The martyr does not obtain the victory personally, but his group, his successors, win in the long run.”
10. “Three-quarters of a soldier’s life is spent in aimlessly waiting about.”
11. “Thought is not consecrated unless it resists trends.”
12. “And the great question for mankind is what is to be loved or hated next, whenever and old love or fear has lost its hold.”
13. “We are so dull that we rarely realize how much history lies hidden in marriage, and how the one word spoken by the bride makes all the difference between cattle-raising and a nation’s good breeding.”
14. “As soon as the Gospels were written, speech without experience began to dabble with the new facts proposed by the existence of the Church. People tried to think the new life without being touched by it first in some form of call, listening, passion or change of heart.”
15. “Language is not speech, it is a full circle from word to sound to perception to understanding to feeling, to memorizing, to acting and back to the word about the act thus achieved. And before the listener can become a listener, something has to happen: he or she must expect.”
16. “Everybody is a bit right.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 15 free pictures with Eugen Rosenstock-Huessy Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2023 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.