1. “Look at lots of exhibitions and books, and don’t get hung up on cameras and technical things. Photography is about images.”
— Fay Godwin
2. “I like photographs which leave something to the imagination.”
3. “I had been working in colour for ten years or so and looked at digital and liked the possibilities it gave me.”
4. “You can’t expect to take a definitive image in half an hour. It takes days, often years.”
5. “The viewer must bring their own view to a photograph.”
6. “I’ve been working with the land for most of my life; walking it and photographing it. And I love it to bits.”
7. “Maybe black and white is the best medium for landscapes, I don’t know.”
8. “I don’t get wrapped up in technique and the like.”
9. “What I loathe is the multi-national conglomerates who must take responsibility for the degradation and pollution of so much of our landscape with their factory farming and greed.”
10. “I’m not faithful to one particular medium, and it’s what I try to teach to people who work with me.”
11. “It was 1966 by the time I started taking pictures seriously and books, newspapers and magazines of the time were full of great pictures that helped to inspire me.”
12. “But I was, and still am, an avid reader and so when I first started I chose to photograph many of the great writers in this country to try and earn a living.”
13. “I have always loved reading, so was interested in the literary world, and took many literary portraits.”
14. “I hardly teach. It’s more like a gathering of minds looking at one subject and learning from each other. I enjoy the process.”
15. “I have always been a very keen walker, though, and I often took a camera with me on my walks.”
16. “Born Berlin 1931, Germany, father a British diplomat, mother an American artist. Educated at various schools all over the world. 1958 Settled down to live in London. 1966 Became interested in photography through photographing my young children. No formal training.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 15 free pictures with Fay Godwin Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2023 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.