1. “It is not the strong one that wins, the one that wins is strong.”
— Franz Beckenbauer
2. “Football is one of the world’s best means of communication. It is impartial, apolitical and universal. Football unites people around the world every day. Young or old, players or fans, rich or poor, the game makes everyone equal, stirs the imagination, makes people happy and makes them sad.”
3. “There’s only one possibility: win, draw or loose.”
4. “We should not compare humans to God, but Messi is a godly player.”
5. “Messi is a genius. He has everything. When I watch him, I see a player who is very, very, skilful, very clever and his left foot is like Diego Maradona’s.”
6. “Possession means nothing when the opponent takes its chances.”
7. “What FC Bayern has become is thanks to Gerd Mueller.”
8. “Real Madrid is a legendary team that stands above all others and is the target of all players.”
9. “George Best was one of the most talented players of all time and probably the best footballer who never made it to a major world final.”
10. “It’s quite possible that Beckham suffers from a mental block at big tournaments.”
11. “The most important thing however is the money. What use would it be to us, to have a a mighty stadium but a useless team, because we couldn’t afford anything better?”
12. “The trouble for today’s footballers is they have too many distractions. We used to get our old players coming to watch training with football magazines in their hands. Now, more often than not, they are checking the share prices.”
13. “As someone who played a team sport, I feel a bit uncomfortable being ranked as an individual so high.”
14. “The Olympic stadium may have been built only in the early 1970s but it was clear for a long time it had no future. For many reasons it is not good enough for modern football and today’s fans.”
15. “Penalty shooting is always an uncertain affair because there is a lot of luck involved.”
16. “For example, Michael Jordan earns $100million a year but continues to play basketball and remains a modest human being.”
17. “It would make me a lot happier if I could meet up again next year with as many friends as possible from all over the world who I’ve met during my career. That’s where the great opportunity lies, for me personally, in our role as World Cup host.”
18. “He has been named as the heir apparent of the great Argentine hero, Diego Maradona, by journalists, players, and Maradona himself, alike. I’d personally put him in a drawer of my bedside table.”
19. “At the World Cup and even now at the Confederations Cup, our security provisions will ensure the greatest level of protection possible for all those participating – both inside and outside the stadiums.”
20. “The World Cup tournament overall and, naturally, the new stadiums at its heart, are the ideal platform to portray Germany as a positive and exceptional location, and above all of course, as a highly capable economic location.”
21. “We are the last remaining country to allow ourselves two breaks in the season. You just have to look at England, Italy and Spain, they play right through the season. We on the other hand take six weeks off in the winter until the end of January, and that is a luxury.”
22. “He shouldn’t have resigned over that game. It was not a bad performance; in fact it was quite a good one for England. I would not have resigned under those circumstances.”
23. “Since Sven Goran Eriksson took over, England have been fantastic.”
24. “Germany needs to have a handicap, like in golf. They ought to start each match with two goals in advance to their opposition.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 20 free pictures with Franz Beckenbauer Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2022 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.