1. “The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough.”
— George Edward Moore
Valentine's Day Quotes
2. “I am rich beyond the dreams of avarice.”
3. “If I am asked ‘what is good?’ my answer is that good is good, and that is the end of the matter.”
4. “The lot of critics is to be remembered by what they failed to understand.”
5. “Beauty has wings, and too hastily flies, and love, unrewarded, soon sickens and dies.”
6. “Faith goes out through the window when beauty comes in at the door.”
7. “I am free in performing an action if I could have done otherwise if I had chosen to.”
8. “I’ll tell thee what it says; it calls me villain, a treacherous husband, a cruel father, a false brother; one lost to nature and her charities; or to say all in one short word, it calls me – Gamester.”
9. “Ay, rail at gaming – ’tis a rich topic, and affords noble declamation. Go, preach against it in the city – you’ll find a congregation in every tavern.”
10. “Can’t I another’s face commend, Or to her virtues be a friend, But instantly your forehead louers, As if her merit lessen’d yours?”
11. “But from the hoop’s bewitching round, Her very shoe has power to wound.”
12. “Honesty needs no pains to set itself off.”
13. “Now, in my opinion, a woman has no business with Power-Power admits no equal, and dismisses friendship for flattery. Besides, it keeps the men at a distance, and that is not always what we wish.”
14. “All moral laws are merely statements that certain kinds of actions will have good effects.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 10 free pictures with George Edward Moore Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2021 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.