1. “It’s a little dangerous to be a badass.”
— Jill Abramson
2. “You know, a dog can snap you out of any kind of bad mood that you’re in faster than you can think of.”
3. “The printed newspaper is a powerful showcase for news, opinion and advertising.”
4. “Over the years, I’ve worried that my directness could come off as brusque or my criticisms heard in an outsize way, especially by male colleagues. I sometimes wondered whether expressing even my mildest reservation reminded someone of a chastising mother or complaining wife.”
5. “The Obama administration has had seven criminal leak investigations. That is more than twice the number of any previous administration in our history. It’s on a scale never seen before. This is the most secretive White House that, at least as a journalist, I have ever dealt with.”
6. “A general truth is to have a good sense of humor. Roll with the punches of life’s ups and downs. Laughing at yourself always helps.”
7. “Women are damn resilient.”
8. “In one’s relationship with dogs and with a newsroom, a generous amount of praise and encouragement goes much better than criticism.”
9. “If The Times said it, it was the absolute truth.”
10. “I have an older sister who sounds, unfortunately, exactly like me, and we sound like our mother did.”
11. “Having small children and being an investigative reporter would seem like a difficult mix, but it worked well for me. I was often working on my own enterprise stories, which were not as deadline sensitive.”
12. “The idea that women journalists bring a different taste in stories or sensibility isnt true.”
13. “What’s next for me? I don’t know. So I’m in exactly the same boat as many of you.”
14. “Nobody wants a unitary voice of authority any more.”
15. “The whole issue of how women’s management styles are viewed is an incredibly interesting subject.”
16. “As someone who has spent a lot of her career as an investigative reporter, I’ll confess that a frustration of mine has always been that so much investigative journalism involves a dissection of events in the past.”
17. “I like the immediacy of blogs and the democratizing effects of letting millions of voices bloom on the Web.”
18. “I admit that I am hopelessly hooked on the printed newspaper. I love turning the pages and the serendipity of stumbling across a piece of irresistible information or a photograph that I wasnt necessarily intending to read.”
19. “I think as an investigative reporter I had tough standards, but I don’t think of myself as a tough person.”
20. “I think the Huffington Post has been inventive and presents what it aggregates well.”
21. “People often assume New York City is no place to keep a dog. This is certainly what my parents told me when I was growing up there. But I have found this not to be the case at all.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 20 free pictures with Jill Abramson Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2021 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.