1. “Classes will dull your mind, destroy the potential for authentic creativity.”
— John Forbes Nash
2. “I’ve made the most important discovery of my life. It’s only in the mysterious equation of love that any logical reasons can be found.”
3. “As you will find in multivariable calculus, there is often a number of solutions for any given problem.”
4. “I would not dare to say that there is a direct relation between mathematics and madness, but there is no doubt that great mathematicians suffer from maniacal characteristics, delirium and symptoms of schizophrenia.”
5. “People are always selling the idea that people with mental illness are suffering. I think madness can be an escape. If things are not so good, you maybe want to imagine something better.”
6. “In madness, I thought I was the most important person in the world.”
7. “In a dream it’s typical not to be rational.”
8. “Gradually I began to intellectually reject some of the delusionally influenced lines of thinking which had been characteristic of my orientation. This began, most recognizably, with the rejection of politically-oriented thinking as essentially a hopeless waste of intellectual effort.”
9. “Nowadays we can do computer experiments using Mathematica, and even solve a system of 42 equations. This offers another route to knowledge, rather than mere ideas.”
10. “To some extent, people who are insane are nonconformists, and society and their family wish they would live what appear to be useful lives.”
11. “Though I had success in my research both when I was mad and when I was not, eventually I felt that my work would be better respected if I thought and acted like a ‘normal’ person.”
12. “I seem to be thinking rationally again in the style that is characteristic of scientists. However, this is not entirely a matter of joy as if someone returned from physical disability to good physical health.”
13. “I know that if I could really understand mental illness, then it would be appropriate to make a big career shift. I would become a therapist and a leader in terms of mental illness. But I’m not in the position.”
14. “I never saw my grandfather because he had died before I was born, but I have good memories of my grandmother and of how she could play the piano at the old house.”
15. “It’s better to be dead, or even perfectly well, than to suffer from the wrong affliction. The man who owns up to arthritis in a beri-beri year is as lonely as a woman in a last month’s dress.”
16. “There are things that tend to moderate with age. Schizophrenia is somewhat like that.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 15 free pictures with John Forbes Nash Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2021 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.