1. “Daydreaming with pencil and paper is a respectable form of meditation.”
— John Howe
2. “God loves you enough, trusts you enough, to let affliction come into your life to see whether you will exercise the muscles of faith while your physical muscles begin to atrophy.”
3. “What can make your work interesting is as much who you are, as how you draw.”
4. “Character is power; it makes friends, draws patronage and support and opens the way to wealth, honor and happiness.”
5. “Drawing must seek for interest, not for admiration. Because admiration wears quickly.”
6. “Occasionally projects just take off unexpectedly, sometimes you can work away at sketches and ideas for years before they are published. There are a number of authors I would be eager to illustrate.”
7. “All in all, Tolkien fans are as varied, remarkable and marvelous as the books and the worlds that they share. They make me feel a little like a Hobbit who glimpses colourful strangers passing but has never left the Shire.”
8. “Dragons and bridges are very much something out of fairy tales and fantasy.”
9. “I initially moved to Switzerland for work on an animated feature film, and have been here ever since.”
10. “My initial plan was to spend a year in France, go to some kind of school and learn a bit of French. I went a year in an American college in the outskirts of Strasbourg, but got a glimpse of a real art school, L’Ecole des Arts Decoratifs, and enrolled the following year.”
11. “I have a website because it’s an interesting tool, very – and quite unexpectedly – useful for my work. It’s become an archive and a fairly complete on-line portfolio, as well as offering an opportunity to write a little.”
12. “I think I was interested in history without knowing it and that became very clear when I arrived in France. Everything that I was really interested in was there, but I knew nothing, no education, no art education, no education beyond high school. It was extremely overwhelming and it still is.”
13. “I have been illustrating Tolkien’s books ever since I first read them, long before illustration became my profession.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 10 free pictures with John Howe Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2024 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.