1. “Before I got married I had six theories about raising children; now, I have six children and no theories.”
— John Wilmot
Father's Day Quotes
2. “I’d be a dog, a monkey, or a bear, or anything but that vain animal who is so proud of being rational.”
3. “Since ’tis Nature’s law to change, Constancy alone is strange.”
4. “Love’s chemistry thrives best in equal heat.”
5. “I shall never forgive you for teaching me how to love life.”
6. “Born to myself, I like myself alone.”
7. “Natural freedoms are but just: There’s something generous in mere lust.”
8. “He never said a foolish thing nor never did a wise one.”
9. “God bless our good and gracious King, Whose promise none relies on; Who never said a foolish thing, Nor ever did a wise one.”
10. “Angels listen when she speaks; She’s my delight, all mankind’s wonder; But my jealous heart would break Should we live one day asunder.”
11. “The theatre is my drug. And my illness is so far advanced that my physic must be of the highest quality.”
12. “Mothers who force their daughters into interested marriage, are worse than the Ammonites who sacrificed their children to Moloch – the latter undergoing a speedy death, the former suffering years of torture, but too frequently leading to the same result.”
13. “Late children are early orphans.”
14. “I have to speak my mind. Because what is in my mind is always more interesting than what is happening in the world outside my mind.”
15. “Envy is a passion so full of cowardice and shame that nobody ever had the confidence to own it.”
16. “Custom does often reason overrule.”
17. “All men would be cowards if they could.”
18. “Tis a meaner part of sense to find a fault than taste an excellence.”
19. “Man differs more from man than man from beast.”
20. “It is a very good world to live in, To lend or to spend, or to live in; but to beg or to borrow, or to get a man’s own, It is the very worst world that ever was known.”
21. “The clog of all pleasure, the luggage of life, is the best can be said for a very good wife.”
22. “Nothing suits worse with vice than want of sense.”
23. “I wish to be moved. I cannot feel in life. I must have others do it for me in theater.”
24. “To pick out the wildest and most fantastical odd man alive, and to place your kindness there, is an act so brave and daring as will show the greatness of your spirit and distinguish you in love, as you are in all things else, from womankind.”
25. “Books bear him up a while, and make him try to swim with bladders of philosophy.”
26. “Whenever you preach, be sure that you lift the Saviour high and lay the sinner low.”
27. “Dead we become the lumber of the world.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 25 free pictures with John Wilmot Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2022 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.