1. “For me, each book is kind of like a silent film. If you were to remove the words and just look at the pictures, you should be able to tell what the story is about without having to read a word of text. That’s what I think I brought from doing artwork for film to doing artwork for books.”
— Kadir Nelson
2. “Be present in your work because kids live in the moment, so as soon as you’re not in the present, you’re not being authentic.”
3. “My purpose is to create a mirror for the reader to see themselves, to create a light for people to see themselves in the characters, pictures, and stories. So they resonate.”
4. “My uncle, who’s an art teacher, took me under his wing and gave me a really strong foundation in art. I spent summers with him, and he taught me how to draw, how to see, how to mix colors, how to use different mediums and perspective, and so forth.”
5. “As a kid, I drew cartoon characters and comic book heroes. Spiderman and the X-Men were my favorites.”
6. “I’m an artist by trade and an author by necessity.”
7. “What’s important about the artists we learn about in art history and see in all the art books is that they have somehow pushed the boundaries of what people think art is or should be, and that’s how they’ve made their work relevant. That’s what I’m trying to figure out for myself.”
8. “I think it’s important to have confidence, but then it’s also important to try to try something new, to leave your comfort zone to try to grow. That’s why I’m trying to grow as an artist and trying to figure out what kind of artist I want to be.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 8 free pictures with Kadir Nelson Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2023 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.