1. “I’m not a great programmer; I’m just a good programmer with great habits.”
— Kent Beck
2. “Make it work, make it right, make it fast.”
3. “The business changes. The technology changes. The team changes. The team members change. The problem isn’t change, per se, because change is going to happen; the problem, rather, is the inability to cope with change when it comes.”
4. “Listening, Testing, Coding, Designing. That’s all there is to software. Anyone who tells you different is selling something.”
Quotes About Listening
5. “Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming; feedback is the treatment.”
6. “If testing costs more than not testing, then don’t test.”
7. “Testing is not the point. The point is about responsibility.”
8. “If you’re having trouble succeeding, fail.”
9. “I’ve known people who have not mastered their tools who are good programmers, but not a tool master who remained a mediocre programmer.”
10. “Of the four project development variables – scope, cost, time and quality – quality isn’t really a free variable. The only possible values are “excellent” and “insanely excellent”, depending on whether lives are at stake.”
11. “A plan is an example of what could happen, not a prediction of what will happen.”
12. “Sometimes the problem has to mature before the solution can mature.”
13. “I mean, source code in files; how quaint, how seventies!”
14. “I don’t like the feeling, but I’ve got to say that a little fear makes me a more focused, more responsible programmer.”
15. “Responsible Development is the style of development I aspire to now. It can be summarized by answering the question, How would I develop if it were my money? I’m amazed how many theoretical arguments evaporate when faced with this question.”
16. “How good the design is doesn’t matter near as much as whether the design is getting better or worse. If it is getting better, day by day, I can live with it forever. If it is getting worse, I will die.”
17. “The system metaphor is a story that everyone – customers, programmers, and managers – can tell about how the system works.”
18. “Learning research tells us that the time lag from experiment to feedback is critical...”
19. “I tell people to start implementing when they are pretty sure there aren’t more important stories out there. An iteration’s worth of data is worth months of speculation.”
20. “Responsibility cannot be assigned; it can only be accepted. If someone tries to give you responsibility, only you can decide if you are responsible or if you aren’t.”
21. “The community isn’t nearly as afraid as it thinks it is.”
22. “Without planning, we are individuals with haphazard connections and effectiveness. We are a team when we plan and work in harmony.”
23. “Brilliance in a scientist does not consist in being right more often but in being wrong about more interesting topics.”
24. “Sit Together Develop in an open space big enough for the whole team. Meet the need for privacy and “owned” space by having small private spaces nearby or by limiting work hours so team members can get their privacy needs met elsewhere.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 20 free pictures with Kent Beck Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2021 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.