1. “A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; but a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist.”
— Louis Nizer
2. “I know of no higher fortitude than stubborness in the face of overwhelming odds.”
3. “True religion is the life we lead, not the creed we profess.”
4. “Words of comfort, skillfully administered, are the oldest therapy known to man.”
5. “Preparation is the be-all of good trial work. Everything else – felicity of expression, improvisational brilliance – is a satellite around the sun. Thorough preparation is that sun.”
6. “Where there is no difference, there is only indifference.”
7. “Yes, there’s such a thing as luck in trial law but it only comes at 3 o’clock in the morning. You’ll still find me in the library looking for luck at 3 o’clock in the morning.”
8. “When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember that four of his fingers are pointing at himself.”
9. “A graceful taunt is worth a thousand insults.”
10. “The best reply to an atheist is to give him a good dinner and ask him if he believes there is a cook.”
11. “A beautiful lady is an accident of nature. A beautiful old lady is a work of art.”
12. “In cross examination, as in fishing, nothing is more ungainly than a fisherman pulled into the water by his catch.”
13. “A speaker who does not strike oil in ten minutes should stop boring.”
14. “Books are standing counselors and preachers, always at hand, and always disinterested; having this advantage over oral instructors, that they are ready to repeat their lesson as often as we please.”
15. “Education is not the accumulation of knowledge, but the ability to find it.”
16. “Luck usually visits me at 2 am on a cold morning when, red-eyed and bone-weary, I am pouring over law books preparing a case. It never visits me when I am at the cinema, on a golf course or reclining in an easy chair.”
17. “A fine artist is one who makes familiar things new and new things familiar.”
18. “Some people will believe anything if you whisper it to them.”
19. “A man’s life is colored by the dye of his imagination.”
20. “Oh, I get lucky a lot. I get lucky at four in the morning in the law library.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 20 free pictures with Louis Nizer Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2023 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.