1. “The only way to do it is to do it.”
— Merce Cunningham
2. “Dancing is a spiritual exercise in a physical form.”
3. “You have to love dancing to stick to it. It gives you nothing back, no manuscripts to store away, no paintings to show on walls and maybe hang in museums, no poems to be printed and sold, nothing but that single fleeting moment when you feel alive.”
4. “I think of dance as a constant transformation of life itself.”
5. “The most essential thing in dance discipline is devotion.”
6. “Falling is one of the ways of moving.”
7. “I’m not expressing anything. I’m presenting people moving.”
8. “The most essential thing in dance discipline is devotion, the steadfast and willing devotion to the labor that makes the classwork not a gymnastic hour and a half, or at the lowest level, a daily drudgery, but a devotion that allows the classroom discipline to become moments of dancing too...”
9. “Light or luminosity is created by the way elements are juxtaposed. They become reflective and a radiance comes from putting different things together.”
10. “I was told that I had to give grades to the students, which I wasn’t particularly interested in doing.”
11. “Anything can feed you, depending on the way you look at it.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 10 free pictures with Merce Cunningham Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2021 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.