1. “My religion is not deceiving myself.”
2. “My religion is to live and die without regret.”
3. “I need nothing. I seek nothing. I desire nothing.”
4. “Know emptiness, Be compassionate.”
5. “Life is short and the time of death is uncertain; so apply yourself to meditation. Avoid doing evil, and acquire merit, to the best of your ability, even at the cost of life itself. In short: Act so that you have no cause to be ashamed of yourselves and hold fast to this rule.”
Life Is Short Quotes
6. “One should see that all appearance is like mist and fog.”
7. “Do not entertain hopes for realization, but practice all your life...”
8. “When you run after your thoughts, you are like a dog chasing a stick: every time a stick is thrown, you run after it. Instead, be like a lion who, rather than chasing after the stick, turns to face the thrower. One only throws a stick at a lion once.”
9. “In horror of death, I took to the mountains – again and again I meditated on the uncertainty of the hour of death, capturing the fortress of the deathless unending nature of mind. Now all fear of death is over and done.”
10. “Desires achieved increase thirst like salt water.”
Buddhist Quotes, Quotes About Water
11. “In brief, without being mindful of death, whatever Dharma practices you take up will be merely superficial.”
12. “In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.”
13. “I have no desire for wealth or possessions, and so I have nothing. I do not experience the initial suffering of having to accumulate possessions, the intermediate suffering of having to guard and keep up possessions, nor the final suffering of loosing the possessions.”
14. “Hasten slowly and ye shall soon arrive.”
15. “Accustomed long to contemplating love and compassion I have forgotten all difference between myself and others.”
16. “All meditation must begin with arousing deep compassion. Whatever one does must emerge from an attitude of love and benefitting others.”
17. “He who knows that all things are his mind, That all with which he meets are friendly, Is ever joyful.”
18. “Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.”
19. “Strong and healthy, who thinks of sickness until it strikes like lightning? Preoccupied with the world, who thinks of death, until it arrives like thunder?”
20. “If one stays too long with friends They will soon tire of him; Living in such closeness leads to dislike and hate. It is but human to expect and demand too much When one dwells too long in companionship.”
21. “All worldly pursuits have but one unavoidable and inevitable end, which is sorrow; acquisitions end in dispersion; buildings in destruction; meetings in separation; births in death.”
22. “When you are strong and healthy, You never think of sickness coming, But it descends with sudden force, Like a stroke of lightning. When involved in worldly things, You never think of death’s approach; Quick it comes like thunder, Crashing round your head.”
23. “When you run after your thoughts, you are like a dog chasing a stick.”
24. “Mental activity in the daytime creates a latent form of habitual thought which again transforms itself at night into various delusory visions sensed by the semi-consciousness. This is called the deceptive and magic-like Bardo of Dream.”
25. “You menace others with your deadly fangs. But in tormenting them, you are only tormenting yourselves.”
26. “I trained my spirit in method.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 25 free pictures with Milarepa Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2021 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.