1. “Violence is not necessary to destroy a civilization. Each civilization dies from indifference toward the unique values which created it.”
— Nicolás Gómez Dávila
2. “Hierarchies are celestial. In hell all are equal.”
3. “In an age in which the media broadcast countless pieces of foolishness, the educated man is defined not by what he knows, but by what he doesn’t know.”
4. “Truth is in history, but history is not the truth.”
5. “The Church used to absolve sinners; today it has the gall to absolve sins.”
6. “Total freedom of expression does not compensate for lack of talent.”
7. “Modern man is a prisoner who thinks he is free because he refrains from touching the walls of his dungeon.”
8. “Revolutions are frightening, but election campaigns are disgusting.”
9. “The unbeliever imagines that religion pretends to offer answers, while the believer knows that the only promise it makes is to multiply questions.”
10. “Nowadays public opinion is not the sum of private opinions. On the contrary, private opinions are an echo of public opinion.”
11. “The genuine coherence of our ideas does not come from the reasoning that ties them together, but from the spiritual impulse that gives rise to them.”
12. “Being right is one more good reason for not succeeding.”
13. “History clearly demonstrates that governing is a task that exceeds man’s ability.”
14. “The fool is disturbed not when they tell him that his ideas are false, but when they suggest that they have gone out of style.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 10 free pictures with Nicolás Gómez Dávila Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2023 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.