1. “In the absence of the sacred, nothing is sacred – everything is for sale.”
— Oren Lyons
2. “Although we are in different boats you in your boat and we in our canoe we share the same river of life.”
3. “If you don’t have a moral question governing your society, then you don’t have a society that is going to survive.”
4. “If you have a clean environment, you will have a healthy atmosphere. This will make you happy and your happiness will bring joy to your parents and it will affect the community, too. Then there will be peace of mind to one and all.”
5. “What you people call your natural resources our people call our relatives.”
6. “All things are bound together, all things connect. Whatever befalls the earth, befalls also the children of the earth.”
7. “Science can point out dangers, but science cannot turn the direction of minds and hearts. That is the province of spiritual powers within and without our very beginnings-powers that are the mysteries of life itself.”
8. “Man sometimes thinks he’s been elevated to be the controller, the ruler, but he’s not. He’s only part of the whole. Man’s job is not to exploit, but to oversee, to be a steward. Man has responsibility, not power.”
9. “The environment isn’t over here. The environment isn’t over there. You are the environment.”
10. “What if we choose to eradicate ourselves from this Earth by whatever means? The Earth goes nowhere. And in time, it will regenerate. There may not be people, but the Earth will regenerate. And you know why? Because the Earth has all the time in the world and we don’t.”
11. “We wonder, how do you instruct seven billion people as to the relationship to the Earth? Because unless they understand that, and relate the way they should be, the future is pretty dim for the human species.”
12. “There are two times of the year that stir the blood. In the fall, for the hunt, and now for lacrosse.”
13. “We have to get back to the spiritual law if we are to survive.”
14. “The young generation can influence their elders and can make them understand the environmental problems that are faced by us today. The youth can make them see that our environment is deteriorating day by day.”
15. “Even through you and I are in different boats, you in your boat and we our canoe, we share the same river of life. What befalls me befalls you. And downstream, downstream in this river of life, our children will pay for our selfishness, for our greed, and for our lack of vision.”
16. “I do not see a delegation for the four-footed. I see no seat for the eagles. We forget and we consider ourselves superior.”
17. “Life will go on as long as there is someone to sing, to dance, to tell stories and to listen.”
18. “When you look at where team sports are going, the National Football League is turning into organized warfare.”
19. “In our perception all life is equal, and that includes the birds, animals, things that grow, things that swim. All life is equal in our perception.”
20. “Define for yourselves your directions.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 20 free pictures with Oren Lyons Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2021 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.