1. “Sometimes I get the feeling that there are orgies going on all over new York City, and somebody says, ‘Let’s call Desmond,’ and somebody else says, ‘Why bother? He’s probably home reading the Encyclopedia Britannica.’”
— Paul Desmond
Quotes About New York
2. “The qualities in music which I considered most important – and still do – were beauty, simplicity, originality, discrimination, and sincerity.”
3. “Writing is like jazz. It can be learned, but it can’t be taught.”
4. “I think I had it in the back of my mind that I wanted to sound like a dry martini.”
5. “Not for me. If I want to tune everybody out, I just take off my glasses and enjoy the haze.”
6. “I would like to thank my father who discouraged me from playing the violin at an early age.”
7. “I discovered early in life that if you take gym first period, you can go into the wrestling room and sit in the corner and sleep.”
8. “I tried practicing for a few weeks and ended up playing too fast.”
9. “Our basic audience begins with creaking elderly types of twenty-three and above.”
10. “We’re working as if it were going out of style-which of course it is.”
11. “I was unfashionable before anyone knew who I was.”
12. “Complexity can be a trap. You can have a ball developing a phrase, inverting it, playing it in different keys and times and all. But it’s really more introspective than communicative. Like a crossword puzzle compared to a poem.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 10 free pictures with Paul Desmond Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2022 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.