1. “Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.”
— Petronius Arbiter
2. “Reorganizing can be a wonderful method for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.”
3. “What power has law where only money rules.”
4. “We trained hard, but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams, we would be reorganized.”
5. “The world wills itself to be deceived, so let it be deceived.”
6. “One good turn deserves another.”
7. “Outward beauty is not enough; to be attractive a woman must use words, wit, playfulness, sweet-talk, and laughter to transcend the gifts of nature.”
8. “Can’t you see that I’m only advising you to beg yourself not to be so dumb?”
9. “Wisdom and beauty form a very rare combination.”
10. “Leave your home, O youth, and seek out alien shores. A wider range of life has been ordained for you.”
11. “Nothing is falser than people’s preconceptions and ready-made opinions; nothing is sillier than their sham morality.”
12. “The mind longs for what it has missed.”
13. “A man who is always ready to believe what is told him will never do well, especially a businessman.”
14. “Everyone will find what he’s looking for. Nothing pleases everyone: this man gathers thorns, that one roses.”
15. “It is fear that first brought gods into the world.”
16. “The favor for the favor or One hand washes the other.”
17. “I believe that school makes complete fools of our young men, because they see and hear nothing of ordinary life there.”
18. “Women are one and all a set of vultures.”
19. “Just as dumb creatures are snared by food, human beings would not be caught unless they had a nibble of hope.”
20. “Beauty and wisdom are rarely conjoined.”
21. “He that has a penny in his purse, is worth a penny: Have and you shall be esteemed.”
22. “A huge dog, tied by a chain, was painted on the wall and over it was written in capital letters ‘Beware of the dog.’”
23. “Heaven is equally distant everywhere.”
24. “While fortune lasts you will see your friend’s face.”
25. “He has gone over to the majority.”
26. “A physician is nothing but a consoler of the mind.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 25 free pictures with Petronius Arbiter Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2023 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.