1. “The way to resumption is to resume.”
— Salmon P. Chase
2. “My agency in promoting the passage of the National Banking Act was the greatest mistake of my life. It has built up a monopoly which affects every interest in the country.”
3. “The law of the Creator, which invests every human being with an inalienable title to freedom, cannot be repealed by any interior law which asserts that man is property.”
4. “All men are born equally free.”
5. “How wrong it is for those who love, not to express their love.”
6. “No nation can be strong except in the strength of God, or safe except in His defense. The trust of our people in God should be declared on our national coins.”
7. “States Rights died at Appomattox.”
8. “No more slave States and no more slave territory.”
9. “Once I should have been, if not satisfied, partially, at least, contented with suffrage for the intelligent and those who have been soldiers; now I am convinced that universal suffrage is demanded by sound policy and impartial justice.”
10. “What can be indissoluble if a perpetual Union, made more perfect, is not?”
11. “True Democracy makes no enquiry about the color of the skin, or the place of nativity. Wherever it sees a man, it recognizes a being endowed by his Creator with original inalienable rights.”
12. “The Constitution, in all its provisions, looks to an indestructible Union composed of indestructible States.”
13. “A resignation is a grave act; never performed by a right minded man without forethought or with reserve.”
14. “I never refused my help to any person black or white; and I liked the office nonetheless because there were neither fees nor salary connected with it.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 10 free pictures with Salmon P. Chase Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2023 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.