1. “Do right and risk the consequences.”
— Sam Houston
2. “I humble myself before God, and there the list ends.”
3. “Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States cannot make it without Texas.”
4. “Texas is the finest portion of the globe that has ever blessed my vision!”
5. “A leader is someone who helps improve the lives of other people or improve the system they live under.”
6. “Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may.”
7. “I would give no thought of what the world might say of me, if I could only transmit to posterity the reputation of an honest man.”
8. “My God, is it possible that all the people have gone mad? The civil war now being inaugurated will be as horrible as his Satanic Majesty could desire.”
9. “I love Texas too well to bring civil strife and bloodshed upon her.”
10. “He has all the characteristics of a dog – except loyalty.”
11. “Govern wisely, and as little as possible.”
12. “In the name of the constitution of Texas, which has been trampled upon, I refuse to take this oath. I love Texas too well to bring civil strife and bloodshed upon her.”
13. “Texas, to be respected must be polite. Santa Anna living, can be of incalculable benefit to Texas; Santa Anna dead, would just be another dead Mexican.”
14. “A victim of the use of water as a beverage.”
15. “The benefits of education and of useful knowledge, generally diffused through a community, are essential to the preservation of a free government.”
16. “Texas will again lift it’s head and stand among the nations. It ought to do so, for no country upon the globe can compare with it in natural advantages.”
17. “I preferred measuring deer tracks to tape – that I liked the wild liberty of the Red men better then the tyranny of my brothers.”
18. “Remember that whatever may be said by a lady or her friends, it is not part of conduct of a gallant or generous man to take up arms against a woman.”
19. “I am aware that in presenting myself as the advocate of the Indians and their rights, I shall stand very much alone.”
20. “All new states are invested, more or less, by a class of noisy, second-rate men who are always in favor of rash and extreme measures, but Texas was absolutely overrun by such men.”
21. “I would not be gotten into a schoolhouse until I was eight years old. Nor did I accomplish much after I started. I doubt if I had gone to school six months in all when my father died. I was fourteen at the time.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 20 free pictures with Sam Houston Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2021 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.