1. “I’m going to help the committee regardless of any position I have. I will volunteer to be a summer intern.”
— Trey Gowdy
2. “She was fabulously wrong when she said it the first time, and stunningly arrogant in her refusal to express any regret for lying to our fellow citizens.”
3. “If a president can change some laws, can he change ALL laws? Can he change election laws? Can he change discrimination laws? Are there any laws, under your theory, that he actually HAS to enforce?”
4. “Facts are neither Republican nor Democrat.”
5. “It always matters whether or not you can trust your government.”
6. “What is our recourse, Mr. Speaker? What is our remedy?”
7. “If you can turn off certain categories of law, do you not also have the power to turn off all categories of law?”
8. “These last few years we’ve seen an unacceptable abuse of power, having a president whose priority is expanding his own power.”
9. “My daughter took Latin for three years; she still cant speak it.”
10. “The president already has a Nobel Prize for peace. I think he’s shooting for one in fiction.”
11. “No law can give Congress a backbone if it refuses to stand off as the coequal branch the Constitution made it.”
12. “When you go into public service, you understand you’re trading something. You want to feel good about what you do, but you’re not going to make what people in private sector make.”
13. “What do we do with a president who can basically change what Congress passed by attaching a letter saying I don’t agree with this part or that part?”
14. “I would love the chance to ask follow-up questions of Susan Rice because David Gregory apparently did not avail himself of that opportunity. Greta, I just listened to the clip – I get tougher questions in the Bojangles drive-through than he asked her.”
15. “You know, in the oath that brand-new citizens take, it contains six different references to ‘the law.’ If it’s good enough for us to ask brand-new citizens to affirm their devotion to the law, is it too much to ask that the president do the same?”
16. “While people are free to draw different conclusions from the facts, there should be no debate over whether the American public is entitled to have all of the facts.”
17. “There’s a reason that students don’t grade their own papers. There’s a reason defendants don’t sentence themselves. And there’s the reason the State Department doesn’t get to investigate itself, determine whether or not it made errors in Benghazi. That is Congress’s job.”
18. “I can tell you this. It is not going to be evenly constituted and when she was Speaker Pelosi, she certainly showed no interests in having an equal number of Republicans and Democrats.”
19. “There’s no way we can get to the bottom of Benghazi without David Petraeus.”
20. “I don’t like bonuses for public services employees who do great jobs, like prosecutors or judges.”
21. “I’m unelectable in the District of Columbia.”
22. “The notion that the First Amendment has no limitations whatsoever is balderdash.”
23. “The same Constitution that allows her the right, if she wants to, to sit there and say nothing, allows these groups the right to petition their government for redress.”
24. “Members of Congress are incredibly blessed and fortune to have the jobs that we have. Nobody makes us run. Every two years we offer for public office, and if you don’t want to do it then don’t run. But the notion that you can make $174,000 in this country and be underpaid is laughable.”
25. “Your memo is trumping a Congressional statute. You don’t have the discretion on whether to follow the law or not.”
26. “I taught the Constitution for ten years, I believe in the Constitution.”
27. “I don’t have an issue with whether – from a legal standpoint, with whether or not government can impose the ultimate punishment on people. We do it in capital cases. Police officers shoot fleeing felons.”
28. “There is more civility in a death penalty trial than there is in politics.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 25 free pictures with Trey Gowdy Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2021 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.