1. “I love sport because I love life, and sport is one of the basic joys of life.”
— Yevgeny Yevtushenko
2. “Translation is like a woman. If it is beautiful, it is not faithful. If it is faithful, it is most certainly not beautiful.”
3. “Sorrow happens, hardship happens, the hell with it, who never knew the price of happiness, will not be happy.”
4. “Be equal to your talent, not your age. At times let the gap between them be embarrassing.”
5. “Give me a mystery – just a plain and simple one – a mystery which is diffidence and silence, a slim little bare-foot mystery: give me a mystery – just one!”
6. “Justice is like a train that is nearly always late.”
7. “Life is a rainbow which also includes black.”
8. “All values in this world are more or less questionable, but the most important thing in life is human kindness.”
9. “He who is conceived in a cage, yearns for the cage.”
10. “Poetry is like a bird, it ignores all frontiers.”
11. “Only when the sense of the pain of others begins does man begin.”
12. “One day posterity will remember these strange times, when ordinary common honesty was called courage.”
13. “There is no need to fear the strong. All one needs is to know the method of overcoming them. There is a special jujitsu for every strong man.”
14. “No people are uninteresting. Their fate is like the chronicles of planets. Nothing in them is not particular, and planet is dissimilar from planet.”
15. “Time has a way of demonstrating that the most stubborn are the most intelligent.”
16. “True sport is always a duel, a duel with nature, with one’s own fear, with one’s own fatigue, a duel in which the body and the mind are strengthened.”
17. “A poet’s autobiography is his poetry. Anything else is just a footnote.”
18. “Envy is an insult to oneself.”
19. “Here we have some people who call themselves Christians and they forget Jesus Christ was a Jew. Something like anti-Semitism is an artificial way of avoiding responsibility. You blame the problems in your country on someone else, on some group.”
20. “Why is it that right-wing bastards always stand shoulder to shoulder in solidarity, while liberals fall out among themselves?”
21. “In general, in poetry and literature, I am among those people who believe that too much is indispensable.”
22. “Everything I do, I do on the principle of Russian borscht. You can throw everything into it beets, carrots, cabbage, onions, everything you want. What’s important is the result, the taste of the borscht.”
23. “Literature has to serve as a moral control of politics.”
24. “In my blood there is no Jewish blood. In their callous rage, all anti-Semites must hate me now as a Jew. For that reason I am a true Russian.”
25. “In Russia all tyrants believe poets to be their worst enemies.”
26. “Those who are used to a cage will weep for a cage.”
27. “Character begins to form at the first pinch of anxiety about ourselves.”
28. “When there is freedom of speech, I’ve found that the majority of people really have nothing to say.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 25 free pictures with Yevgeny Yevtushenko Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2021 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.