1. “Smoke the pipe of peace, bury the tomahawk, and become one nation.”
— Zebulon Pike
2. “If success attends my steps, honor and glory await my name-if defeat, still shall it be said we died like brave men, and conferred honor, even in death, on the American Name.”
3. “The preparations for my new voyage prevented the possiblity of my paying that attention to the correction of my errors, that I should otherwise have done.”
4. “May Heaven be propitious, and smile on the cause of my country.”
5. “Few Indians only had breech cloths, most being wrapped in buffalo robes, otherwise quite naked.”
6. “On no further occasion present a flag or medal to an Indian.”
7. “Why cannot we correct the baneful passions, without weakening the good?”
8. “It was the wish of the Americans that their red brethren should remain peacefully round their own fires, and not embroil themselves in any disputes between the white people.”
9. “He was a man, he always performed his promises.”
10. “Should I be the happy mortal destined to turn the scale of war, will you not rejoice, O my father?”
11. “Strict justice would demand total confiscation of your property, personal imprisonment and fines.”
12. “In my proper character, I am an officer of the United States Army.”
13. “I cannot consent to be led three or four hundred leagues out of my route, without its being by force of arms.”
14. “Your former Fathers the Spaniards have now no further Authority over you.”
We hope you enjoyed our collection of 10 free pictures with Zebulon Pike Quotes.
All of the images on this page were created with QuoteFancy Studio.
Use QuoteFancy Studio to create high-quality images for your desktop backgrounds, blog posts, presentations, social media, videos, posters and more.
© 2022 Quotefancy. All rights reserved.